the many heroes of the Lahey Health 5K Cancer Walk & Run are our
volunteers. Giving of yourself to benefit others is precious. We
sincerely appreciate the time and energy donated by our wonderful
volunteers each year.
We want to thank everyone who volunteered this year, we are now fully staffed!
- Greeters - Greet participants, hand out registration forms, answer questions and direct guests.
- Education Health Fair - Set-up displays, provide educational materials, greet participants and answer questions.
- Walk Stop & Cheer Section - Set-up table, hand out water to runners and walkers as they pass by and cheer participants.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
will be provided a Lahey Health 5K Cancer Walk & Run t-shirt at check-in to wear while on
duty. Dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable shoes.
- Lahey Health staff and/or designated volunteer captains will be on-site and available to answer questions during all shifts.
- Every volunteer position is important; please commit to and attend your chosen shift, or inform us if your plans change.
Volunteer Arrival Times
Below are the shift times for all volunteers. Once you arrive, please check in
at the Volunteer Tent. We will have coffee and light breakfast snacks
6:00 - 8:30 a.m. Greeters
6:00 - 9:00 a.m. Food/Refreshments
6:00 - 10:00 a.m. Medical Tent
6:00 - 10:00 a.m. Education Tent
6:00 - 10:00 a.m. Media Team
7:00 - 10:00 a.m. Water Stop Teams
Once you check in at the Volunteer Tent,
find your appropriate tent or area and check in with your captain. If you are
planning to walk or run the race, please let your captain know you will be
leaving your shift before 8 a.m.
Be sure to dress casual and weather appropriate. We will have tents, but this
is an outdoor event with limited shade – so please wear a hat and sunscreen. As
a volunteer, you will get a “Volunteer” shirt that you can pick up early
or the day of the race.